Friday, August 29, 2008

Photo Friday

Yay! I'm back with a new silly, perhaps slightly lame theme. But hey, I thought them up all by myself, and that counts for something right? RIGHT?? Anyway... "Photo Friday", I don't think I need to explain that much. If you don't get it, then I'm sure there's lots of things you don't get, and I'm afraid I can't help you out much in that area. :p

Did you know, that today is Mary Poppins birthday? Well, according to the Holidays for Everyday website it is. Mary Poppins was one of the few movies I absolutely loved as a kid. To this day I sometimes wish I could pop into a chalk drawing and escape the realities of life for a few hours. (Why does this NOT surprise you?) lol And that got me to thinking about chalk drawings, real ones. I know pics have gone around via e-mail and such, but I thought I'd revisit them.

Photobucket


Julian Beever's work is really amazing. He obviously has more talent in his belly button than I have in my entire body! I chose this one in particular because it holds that same sense of childhood escape that was in the Mary Poppins movie.

In other areas, today is due to be a very busy day for me. I have a $500 order from DCWV on it's way via FedEx today! I'm so excited to get that stuff up on my site, maybe onto ebay. The ladies at church are asking for a scrapping class. I have never even BEEN to a scrapping class never mind leading one. After I get this stock though, I'll have to start hammering out the details of my first ever!

My son has an eye appointment today. The poor boy is long overdue for it, I'm sure he's gonna need glasses for reading. Then there's a slumber party at church for the women's ministry. I'm going to lug all my kids down there and make an appearance anyway. We're supposed to reveal our secret sister. I think I already have mine figured out. We'll see if I'm right. :)

0 comments: