Thursday, August 28, 2008

Thanks Mom!

I really do love my mom, but this morning I found myself saying "Gee, thanks mom." in the sarcastic sort of way. Way back at Easter, she had got them these cute little chicks. They have sensors on the bottom and when you hold them they chirp. Constantly.

This morning, a good fifteen minutes before my alarm goes off I hear it. In incessant chirping of a little electric chick. And it won't quit! I come out of my room to find my youngest sitting on the couch with it. Other than the ear piercing chirp she was being absolutely silent. Thanks mom. :)

Well, it is Thursday, and I continue to bring a daily theme! Yeah, yeah, so it's only day two. But hey! It is a continuation is it not? I am proud of myself. :) (hee hee... what can I say... sometimes I am amused easily.)

As you can see, the theme for this wonderful day of the week is "Thoughtful Thursday". For the first ever, I wanted to bring out a proverb. And there was one I came across that spoke to my heart. Kinda hit home with me, thought maybe someone else could use to hear it too.

A ship in harbor is safe, but that is not what ships are built for.


So many times in life I choose to stay in my safe area, but really, that's not what God created me for. We are to set sail in life, looking for those who may need a little tow, or simply a partner to journey with. But we are not to set sail with no destination, no path. We are to keep our eyes on Him, and our destination is beyond our wildest imagination!

With that out of the way, I am off to get some stuff sent in the mail, and then I plan to be a bit lazy today and spend some time playing my Sims2 game. I got Apartment Life last night and can't wait to get some game time. :)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I got the apartment life yesterday as well, liking it so far. Wasn't thrilled with the whole witches addition though.

That's a good proverb. One I should tattoo across my forehead. If anyone is good at staying nestled in their comfort zone, it would be me. I only come out when I'm forced and even then, I'm usually kicking and screaming.

Denise said...

Hee hee... yeah.. I'm with you on the comfort zone thing!

I'm treating the witches as if they're as mythical as the aliens, zombies, and warewolves in my game, which it seems I never have any of those type creatures. Who am I kidding, I can't even keep a neighborhood going. I'm always starting over as soon as I get bored!

Anonymous said...

"Who am I kidding, I can't even keep a neighborhood going. I'm always starting over as soon as I get bored!"

That's me! Then the one time I actually got one going that I was enjoying enough to stick with, had to reformat the computer and lost it all. I'm really liking this EP though.