Saturday, August 30, 2008

What was I thinking?

There's no easy way to creep into this, it's the type of thing that you must be blunt about. We got a puppy. Plain and simple. I can not believe I did it! Michael's been bugging me for a pup for ages. I've always said no even though secretly I've been contemplating the idea. Today when I went to get the mail, the lady that works at the barbershop was outside with her dog and a litter of chocolate labs. Chocolate labs are my husband's favorite dog. So I actually broke down and bought one. I let Michael pick it out, though I insisted it be a girl. There was a beautiful dark one that I liked, but if we got the dog I wanted then it would be my dog. lol

We don't have her yet though, they're keeping her till Monday so we would have time to purchase all the necissary things. We just got back from errands, with a ton of dog stuff, including books from the library. I am not looking forward to house breaking a puppy. No matter how cute she is, or how beautiful her green eyes are.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Puppy!!! :)

Our 'little' guy is 5 months old now. Would you believe it was a breeze to house break this guy? I really hope it goes as smoothly for you as it did for us!

Denise said...

I could only hope our house breaking goes easily as well. Care to share any tips?

Anonymous said...

Actually, we didn't really do anything special. Put him in his crate at night (we only used the crate for the first month, after that he's been sleeping in either our room or the hallway), let him out in the mornings and throughout the day. He had only a few accidents and was completely trained within a week...unless he gets diarrhea. That is bad.

We now have a dog door that is available to him to use during the days (we lock it at night) and I think that has been a great investment.