Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Home



Are those happy kids or what? That was the scene yesterday, and the reason why I may be a little hard to nail down. The ceremony time kept changing, first it was on Sunday, then it was Monday at 11am, then it was Monday at 8:30am, then when we got there we were told it changed to 10. Thankfully though, once it did start, it was super quick. They marched them all in (about 100 guys) and some high ranking guy thanked the men for a job well done, then said let's get these guys released to their loved ones. I was so thankful for that! Finally someone who knew his droning on and on meant little to the soldiers, they just wanted to be with their families.

So for now things are going slow. He has to go back to work full time on Thursday, I'm sure I'll be pestering my blog then. :)

4 comments:

Sandy said...

Glad your hubby made it home safe. You have a lovely familt there :). *Hugs*

Sandy said...

that is suppose to say family not familt..

nona0523 said...

Congrats on making it through the deployment. The kids look so happy. I can't wait until it is my turn for my hubby's homecoming. 3 months and counting!

Anonymous said...

Yay!!!! Love the picture. :) Gosh girl, I am just so darn thrilled for you guys!!

Totally understand if you go MIA. Been trying very hard not to bombard your email this week LOL. Yay!!!!!

PS can't rememberif I told you or not but you've got chocolate headed your way. :)