Thursday, December 25, 2008

Shot of the Day

This morning was nice. Woke at 6 and jokingly told my hubby, "lets go wake the kids". He got out of bed and I called after him thatI was just joking. I got our ham in the slow cooker and our Christmas morning cinnamon roles in the over. Shortly before seven we went and woke the kids. It's so much fun jumping on their beds saying "It's Christmas (insert child's name here)! It's Christmas, it's Christmas! My younger two wake up immediately, the others taking just a smidgen longer.

We have been so blessed this year. I just have to share this favorite shot of the day of mine.


Michael is 10 and he's entered the stage of joking around with me faaar too much, and always trying to get the better of me. So I told him I was going to 'get him good' this year, and boy did I ever. My son has recently been all about basketball, unfortunately they couldn't find a coach for St. George's kids, so it looks like he won't be playing this season after all. Anyhow, he's had his Dad's old ball for a while, the thing is flat and doesn't hold air for anything, he wanted a new basketball so bad. So, all the presents are open and there's no basketball. He told me "I have $40 so I'll get to buy a basketball. That's when I suddenly remembered that there was another big box. I presented it to Michael, he was very excited.

So he opens this big box, just to find another box in it, and another box, and finally a little tupperware dish. He's giving me looks, inside is a little 3x3 card, written on it is a clue. He gets a clue which leads him to my bathroom which leads him to the fridge, which leads him to the laundry room. Funny thing is, he's still tripping out over the fact that Mommy 'got him', and his siblings are the ones figuring out the clues!

So in the laundry room he finds a big box, opens it up and inside is his basketball. He's glad and relieved, till he finds that there's another clue taped to it. That clue leads him to the microwave where a little box waits for him. He opens that up and finds a net. He keeps saying, "I know you didn't get me a basketball hoop. What is this for?" Meanwhile his sister is reading the clue that was with it which tells him to get some fresh air. He heads outside and finds a basketball goal in the drive way with a big red bow on it. He was so shocked and surprised. I'm quite satisfied that I got him so well. I've proved once again that I am still able to get the best of him. :)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Moms usually do get their kids better than they know. lol and i don't even have any kids i know this just from having a mom :p

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you were able to "get him" LOL. Love the picture!

Sounds like you had a good Christmas. We did get our white Christmas. :) Gonna email ya if I have time before we head out today. Miss bugging you daily. ;)