Monday, February 2, 2009

Boredom & Love Fights

Today was a long day filled with driving all over the place and getting absolutely nothing done. Hubby had some unfinished business with getting the truck's plates and missing items of uniform that he needed me to take care of. I tried, oh boy did I try. But three different stores are all out of the pin he needs, and I don't know anywhere else to get them. With no power of attorney, there's no getting a plate for the truck, despite the fact I broke the forgery law that I think EVERY military wife breaks.

All this time, my poor Caitlin is reminding me often that she is bored. I can't blame the poor girl, we left the house at 8:30am and didn't get home till after 2pm! So I have a whole hour before picking up my kids. So much for all the plans I had of getting dishes, and laundry done and start working on my inventory. *sigh* I asked God to make it apparent to me if this was something I needed to pursue, so far I haven't been able to work on it at all! But I still have five more weeks.

When Caitlin wasn't reminding me of her utter boredom, she was picking love fights. This is when we "discuss" who loves who more. She insists that she loves me more, but all the moms in the world know there is no love like the love for a child. She is too cute.

Also I've been working on getting things lined up, and ironed out for our Bible Celebration that the Sunday School is sponsoring. There is a possibility that we might have a couple that is raising funds for their trip as Wycliff Missionaries. When this possibility was brought to me yesterday I just loved the idea. I'm now hoping and praying, that God will bring them to our church for that. It would be just perfect!

Anyhow, the childrens' part of this will include a skit, songs, and some jokes. I found some cute ones that I might be sharing here from time to time. Who doesn't love a cute kids' joke? (If you don't, then you're at the wrong blog!)

Q: Who is the greatest babysitter mentioned in the Bible?
A: David, he rocked Goliath to sleep.

Before I close, I'd like to leave a little shout out to Jenni. She's in the hospital about ready to have her first daughter! My thoughts are with you!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for your thoughts/prayers. :) Waiting for hubby to wake (it's almost 5am). Pretty sure you won't hear much from me once things truly get started today.

Tried to post on your other blog but hates my phone--I loved the card! The heart tree was really creative & I think you had one of the best cards.

My soon-to-be-not-the-youngest (LOL) & I have those love fights all the time.