Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Everyone is doin it...

Well, at least everyone should be doin it. Voting that is. I headed down this morning, it was my first time to ever actually stand in line. In the past I always voted via absentee ballot thanks to being part of the military. This year though when going through my separation that I was sure was going to happen, I decided to become a Kansas Resident, so this year I got to stand in line. Thankfully our town is small, and even with all the surrounding area having the same polling place I was in and out in just under an hour. Not too shabby. I do have to say I'm glad it's done. This year is unlike any other, and I really feel that this election fits into the end of times. I love this country, but I believe it's passed it's golden days. Things are happening, times are changing, and my Savior is coming back soon.

The older gentleman next to me in line said he feels this is going to be a waste of his time. He's sure his man isn't going to win. I shared my philosophy on voting. If you vote, and your man does not win, then you have the right to complain in the future. If you didn't vote, then you have no right to complain. I remember four years ago, it seemed the whole world was certain Bush wasn't going to get a second term. However he did. I felt then, those that hated him, but didn't bother to actually vote, they couldn't complain. They had their chance and didn't take it.

I have a feeling though, this time around, I'll be the one who bought her free to complain card. lol Either way my God is big and I place my trust in my God, not my president.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Either way my God is big and I place my trust in my God, not my president. "

Amen to that! The president is human and will make human mistakes. There's no avoiding it. Thankfully we have a God who is above that and who has plans for us. :)