Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Got a phone call

It's not the phone call... As that title is reserved for the worst phone call military families fear. Nope I got the "you can expect your spouse home between this three day window" call. While I'm glad, and it's nice to know he's on his way, I am so worried that he's going to come in on Saturday! I payed a $55 fee just to have a table at this fair, I sunk over $100 worth of stuff into creating my goods for this fair. Now watch, I won't be able to go because I'll have to pick up my husband. Is it wrong for me to pray he won't come in until after six pm on that day? It is isn't it! There's no way I'm NOT going to pick him up. I mean it's the end of a 15 month deployment. But man... it'll hurt to not have the opportunity to recoup the costs... Listen to me I sound horrible!!

2 comments:

Time for Me said...

WEll, praying for him not to come home before then doesn't sound so good.. but hoping is okay!.. I hope that he gets here before or after your show!!! You have worked so hard for this!! Hoping hoping hoping for your sake.. it's after 6pm!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very excited for you!!! You could postpone Thanksgiving for one week and celebrate with him next Thursday, that would give you more time to finish everything you have on your to-do list.

I understand the surprise of having him home sooner than expected. When does the army EVER do anything good early???

Here's hoping he'll arrive safe and sound after your show. You don't sound horrible, you sound like a woman who got a very unexpected surprise. ;)