Friday, November 7, 2008

On my way to bed...

Oye... I am one tired mommy. This morning was spent at the bank and out to a few stores. Besides the necessities for feeding four kids I was looking for things to get my craft show making self in gear. By time we got home it was after lunch time, so I took care of my kiddos and got to work.

My mindset is I want to make a variety of things, but it all has to come back to my Cricut machine. That way if someone asks how I do it, I'll have the crack in the door to stick my foot through. Not to mention the stalls have electricity, so I'll probably bring my machine with me. That way I can work on things when I sit and am bored, but also it wouldn't hurt to have it out in the open.

Anyway, I decided to start with something simple and easy. This show is all about homemade holidays, so I'm focusing on inexpensive gifts and home decor. That way whatever doesn't sell will make nice little gifts for teachers and what have you. The Christmas Clips posted by Teza over at Christmas Cards All Year 'Round seemed like the perfect little simple thing to get myself started.

Ha ha... was I fooled. While the project itself is really super simple, I had to open a brand new Christmas Cartridge for my cricut and it took me a while to figure that thing out. Not that it gave me problems, but that I was making one of something in several sizes to get the right fit! That's okay though, because I'm collecting the extras I made and they'll be put to good use later.

Anyhow, I'm going to market these as photo holders. For the show I'll actually print out a picture from Christmas past... but for this, I just grabbed the first photo I could find.



I absolutely love these little snowflakes. I'm definitely going to have to play around with them to see what works of art I can create. Here's a close up, just because I want to. :)



I did a few in the more traditional color schemes of Green and Red. Man... getting all those itty pieces of snow (white paper) on their right took a lot of time. I am just so thankful that I have nails, or it would have been impossible. I have sticky fingertips from that!



And last but not least, some pointsettas. These were the very first ones I did. I'm not entirely happy with all of them. As you can see I ran out of ribbon and I will need to get some more!



Anyhow, so these will most likely be my simplest items. I'm hoping to get a paper tree made tomorrow. After I spend the morning on chores and getting all the kids school work done, and I HAVE to find the Sunday School book. I can't find it, and I need to teach on Sunday! Oye... I'm in trouble. lol

Jenni... I so totally owe you an e-mail, as long as to a few other as well. I will be working on that in the morning. For now it is after 11pm. I'm going to take the dog out to pee and then I'm crawling in bed!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love those! Very cute.

Got your email, now I owe you. :p Although I don't think you actually owed me one, I don't know. If you think my brain can keep track of that kind of stuff right now you'd be wrong. :) I'm the queen of the scatterbrained now.

I really really like those snowflake clips you made. What machine is it that you're using?