Monday, September 8, 2008

Okay, so HE knows better than I do

This last few weeks have been a bit hard on me. A whole new array of problems have snuck up since the kid's entered public school. Not that the school itself is the problem, just the changing of schedules and less time with my kids has started to effect things. Previously we would get our homeschool done by afternoon, then we'd go do their extra activities and usually be at the church for something or other. Now they get home at 3:30 and they still have school work to do, not to mention everything else. When you have three different kids that all need to do something with a parent, and you're the only parent available, it can get sticky. I simply can't keep up with those responsibilities, plus being expected to be at our church. I struggled hard with the decision to cut out mid-week service from my schedule. I'm viewed as being part of the leadership, shouldn't I be there all the time? I was getting down on myself, the passing remarks by others didn't help... But God...

But God is good, and never ceases to surprise me. Today as I was driving to the church to do some paperwork, I was listening to the radio. In the sermon the pastor mentioned how one of the biggest tragedies today is that Christian parents neglect their own family, often times for the ministry. It opened my eyes, made me see all the times these last two weeks my daughter has tried to hug on me, and I'd have to give her a tiny squeeze and go on to my "work". How each of my sons are grounded because of their angry outburst. Then this afternoon my pastor calls, and through our conversation he's relieved some of my fears and feelings about the whole thing. So now my shoulders' are a little lighter. Thank you Lord!

Well, it's Monday! I admit, I have not done any prep work at all for this Music Monday, so I'm just going to list my favorite band. I grew up with rock&roll so ThirdDay is a natural fit for me. I love that their songs range from praising to God to comforting those in sorrowful times of their lives. Awesome Christian Rock Group in my opinion. :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

they're one of my faves as well.

Glad you got the confirmation you needed. It's too easy to let other things get in the way of quality family time. Something my hubby is currently struggling with. Wish we had Christian radio here. Those seemingly random messages were nice.