Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Tuesday...

Oye... I want to label this Tired Tuesday! And I'm sure you can guess why! Yesterday our new chocolate lab pup was so mellow. All she wanted to do was lie around, the kids were kinda disappointed. That all changed at 5 this morning. She whined a little so I took her outside to potty. She did her business, I praised her and we came back inside. I laid down in my bed hoping for another hour or so of sleep, she reluctantly went to her kennel where she proceeded to whine, and whine, and whiiiiiine. Just about all the "experts" say you're supposed to ignore them. That's easier said than done! Her kennel is near my two youngest childrens bedrooms, my poor Caitlin came wandering out dazed. So I brought her into my room, where we layed in my bed talking about the puppy being noisy. lol Oh well, at least I got some cuddle time with my baby.

When I got up at 6 it was like there was a whole new puppy there. Her tail was waggin, she wanted to play so bad. Still whining and whimpering though, even after her morning meal and outside bathroom trips. She's still whimpering. So now I miss yesterday's pup. At least that one was quiet!

Anyhow, we have a trip to the vet today for the pups first shots. Poor thing. Today was originally supposed to be Tickle Tuesday. So I bring you a comic in Nahla's honor. If dogs ruled the world...

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

welcome to the wonderful world of puppy ownership. :)

Otso whined a lot the first couple of days. We decided he was missing mom & siblings. Hopefully the daytime whining will stop soon. It's nice that she let you sleep till 5 though. :)

Loved the comic!