Thursday, October 9, 2008

I'm frustrated!!

I'm not sure if this is constructive or not, but I'm seriously frustrated right now and I just have to let it out somewhere.

My husband's grandfather is in the hospital, has been for about a week. Right now he's listed in critical condition and the docs are saying there's a 10% chance he'll pull through. Now I know in my heart if God wants to heal him, he absolutely will, but I don't know that that is his will. This man has lived a long good life. He's had health concerns for a while, and has been in a bit of pain or discomfort.

So, I wanted to get word to my husband, so he could call his grandmom and just talk with her, comfort her a bit. I know hearing from her grandson would mean the world to her right now. She has always loved her grandsons, and there's just a lot of history between them.

Anyhow, so I call up the american red cross, because that's the quickest way to get word to him. About an hour later I get a phone call from my hubby's dad. The red cross had called him asking for a bunch of personal information and apparently mentioned stuff about my husband coming home. I just wish they would have TOLD me they'd be calling him so I could have warned him. This man is looking at his father in the hospital, not doing well at all, and then people call him up wanting to know information about power of attorneys and releasing medical records.

Anyhow, he's understandibly under a lot of stress, and the red cross didn't get the information they wanted. It makes perfect sense that they need to verify the situation so they don't have a bunch of fakers passing on fake emergencies to get them home for a bit.

So I guess I'm going to have to go through the rear detachment commander. But I won't call him at this hour of the night, I'm gonna have to wait until tomorrow morning. I'm just frustrated, almost to the point of tears. I want to get a message to my husband and thanks to the lack of internet it's impossible. His grandmother is such a sweet loving woman, I want her to hear from her youngest grandson in her moment of need. This just sucks.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry for his grandpa. I hope his dad wasn't upset with you? I don't understand why the Red Cross would need to know about POA or any of that kind of stuff. I mean just verify that he really is in the hospital and pass on the message...

Praying that you can get through to your hubby!