Monday, October 13, 2008

Rainy day...

I'm up early this morning. Usually Nahla wakes me about 6am, I let her outside to potty, then I come back in and lay on the couch, drifting off to sleep till 7. I couldn't this morning though, I feel tired, that's for sure, but my mind won't be quiet, so I'm up instead.

It's raining outside, a perfect match for what's going to happen in our family today. My prayers are with my grandmother, my father in-law and his brother, and my brother in-law. They're all going to be there at the hospital (hopefully) to say good bye to Grandpa as he passes today. I've been praying simply for comfort, and His peace, which passes all understanding.

Today the kids and I are going to drive up to Topeka to go shopping at Sams club. It's nice to have a three day weekend. (Thank you Columbus!!) The two days is just so short I could never get everything done AND spend quality time with the kids. It's just hard to get it all done.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll say a pray for them all as well. Really so sorry for your family's loss. :(

I keep saying that I wish it were a holiday here as well but the kids get a 4 day weekend this upcoming weekend so they're happy.

I had to laugh when you said you didn't think your heart could take your kids playing hockey. Don't you have a son in karate? :)